Our trained teachers are dedicated to providing quality education to all the students of our school. We rejoice in the opportunity God has provided to us to grow our family and His through our participation in the Racine Parental Choice program since 2012. Together our administrator, faculty and support staff is eager to respond to God’s mission. Take a look at the staff in Concordia Lutheran School in Sturtevant, WI.
- Rev. Jesse Gullion Pastor (Holy Cross Lutheran Church)Information coming soon!
- Mrs. Jeannine Klein, Principal
Concordia Lutheran School exists for the purpose of "Bringing Christ and academic excellence to our students for life and forever." The school will celebrate its 50th anniversary in January of 2010. We give thanks that He has blessed our mission and ministry each of these years. I am privileges to have been part of the ministry at Concordia since 1986, coming as a graduate of Concordia, Mequon to teach second grade initially.
My interest in pursuing a career in the teaching ministry was encouraged and developed by outstanding educators I encountered in my experience in a Lutheran elementary school. Later, a desire to pursue administrative coursework was furthered by family, friends, colleagues, and the work of the Holy Spirit. In 2002, I completed the School Leadership Development Project, receiving certification for principalship in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. In 2004, I accepted the position of principal and at that time also served as part-time third grade teacher.
It is an incredible blessing to work with a very talented, caring group of servants who are committed to bringing students into a closer relationship with their Lord and each other. At Concordia, the students, teachers, and parents work together as a team, both in and out of the classroom. The sense of family and dedicated service that I have been a part of, and which anchors me at Concordia, is one that encourages a love for learning and life-long service. It is my prayer that just as my life was touched by educators committed to preparing God's people, that the staff and I together inspire our students to service in His kingdom.
Teaching Information: Concordia Lutheran School extended a Call to me to serve as the second grade teacher in 1986, as a graduate of Concordia University Wisconsin. The Lord led from one Concordia to another and this has been my home ever since. Many of my 28 years teaching were spent in second grade or third grade, but I have also enjoyed teaching fourth grade, and third and fourth grades combined. At the conclusion of the 2013-14 school year, I moved from the classroom to full time administration.
I have three children, Brenden (Concordia Lutheran School graduate - Class of 2003), Kellen (Concordia Lutheran School graduate - Class of 2007) and Shaylyn (Concordia Lutheran School graduate - Class of 2009). Seeing their faith and friendships grow at Concordia was truly one of life's greatest pleasures. Their time at Concordia most definitely helped shape their future and develop the character and work ethic that they possess as adults. (Yes, I am a proud mom – but recognize that their teachers were significant in contributing to the successes they enjoy today.)
My husband Norman and I enjoy country music, as well as supporting our Milwaukee Brewers, Wisconsin Badgers and Green Packers.
- Ms. Karli Luchterhand, Assistant PrincipalMy history with Concordia has been a long one. It started when I was just three years old and my dad took a call to be pastor at Holy Cross Lutheran Church. I attended Concordia starting in kindergarten (they didn't have a preschool program back then) and was fortunate enough to have Jeannine as my third and fourth grade teacher. I graduated from Racine Lutheran High School and went on to attend the University of Wisconsin – Platteville, majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Early Childhood. During my time at Platteville, God blessed me with many opportunities to work in the classroom at Highland Elementary School. I ended up student teaching at Concordia in the fourth grade class under the direction of Mrs. Kosmala. Immediately after graduating in 2006, I took at long term substitute position at Concordia in the 7th grade classroom teaching literature and technology to the upper grades. The following fall, I long term subbed in the fifth grade classroom teaching math to the middle schoolers. Shortly following my time at Concordia, I took a position at Shepherds College as an academic advisor and instructor. Shepherds College is a post-secondary school for young adults with disabilities. As an academic advisor, I had 8-10 students on my caseload. Because students come from all over the world, they reside at the school, which means that as an advisor, I was responsible for everything from finance to hygiene to behaviors. For my five years at Shepherds, I taught a myriad of classes including math, language arts, study skills, communications, life finance, and trained for life. I believe that each student is created by God on and for a purpose with specific gifts and abilities. This means that each student is either a visual, auditory, written, or kinesthetic learner. I try to have each of those learning styles in the lessons I teach in order to maximize the amount of information a student retains. I bring all of the knowledge and passion I have for teaching to Concordia. I'm very excited to be at a school where the staff focuses on bringing the Gospel and the love of God to each student. I am proud to be a part of this fantastic team of teachers. Now for a little about me personally - I enjoy playing the piano, leading worship/directing choir, reading books by Torey Hayden, and cheering for the Packers with my family.
- Ms. Tyanna Hogle - Administrative AssistantInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Sharon Boehme, Office AssistantInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Theresa Mierow, Preschool 3 Year Old Teacher
I began working with preschool students as an aide during the 1993-1994 school year. I enrolled in early childhood classes and received my certificate as a preschool teacher. I began teaching in January 1994 at which time I enrolled in classes and received my certificate as Program Director.
My husband Gordie and I have been married for 33 years. We love to camp and spend most of our summer at our camping resort in Plymouth. I also enjoy painting ceramics and teaching country line dancing two nights a week. This is something I have been active in doing for more than twenty five years. I also spend my free time visiting shut-ins in nursing homes an assisted living facilities and enjoy shooting darts.
We have lived in Racine for 33 years. We are members of Living Hope Lutheran Church where I enjoy being part of their puppet ministry and have on occasion helped serve dinners at HALO. We also support the Samaritan Purse Child Program every year through our church.
We have five children (four sons and one daughter) and ten grandchildren. My oldest son, James and family, live in Oshkosh. Our son, Curt and family (2 children), live in Racine. Our son, Clint and family (2 children), recently moved to Racine. Our daughter, Becky and granddaughter and grandson, also live in Racine.
- Mrs. Susan Ritacco, Preschool Aide
I was born and grew up in northern Minnesota. I enjoyed snowmobiling and the many lakes. I have a very large extended family and love getting together with them for parties and camping. I worked many jobs before moving to Racine in 1979 with my 3 children. Some of those jobs were supervising outdoor skating rinks, church custodian, factory work, cooking in a drive-in, and teaching at Head Start where I earned my Early Childhood Certificate from Bemidji Sate College.
I worked for Racine Unified Schools for 28 ½ years in secretarial positions before retiring. I have raised 3 children plus 3 grandchildren (Turner is the youngest).
I say God's plan for me is to be involved with children since I've been raising children for 50 years!
- Mrs. Korie Baganz- Pre-Kindergarten 4 Year Old Teacher
Since graduating from Concordia Chicago with a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Art, God has blessed me with several Calls that have provided many different opportunities to serve Him while growing as an educator and continually growing in Faith over the last fifteen years. My first Call was to Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon where I taught 3rd Grade for two years. After that, I accepted a Call to a school that holds a very dear place in my heart: Concordia Lutheran School! I taught both 3rd Grade and Kindergarten here at Concordia for four years from 2006-2010. God then Called me to become the director and preschool teacher at Prince of Peace Early Childhood Center for six years from 2010-2016. God then answered my prayers and a strong desire in my heart to again be in the classroom fulltime where I could spend more time with students, more time shaping minds and teaching about Jesus. He directed me back to Concordia Lutheran School! I was absolutely thrilled!
God has also placed one other special Call on my heart: the Call of adoption! After a long journey, in August of 2015, my amazing son was brought home from China. I happily share this story because adoption showed me God’s Hand in this world like never before and I am eternally grateful for the way God shaped my heart during this remarkable journey. Abel, is absolutely my greatest joy!
Some of my other passions include reading, spending time outdoors, and I love to visit my parents who live in Minocqua, Wisconsin and get out on the lake! Spending time with my family is my favorite activity.
Christian education has been a part of my life since preschool and I am so thankful for it! I look forward to all the good things God has planned for all the children, families, and staff each and every school year.
- Mrs. Jackie Voss, Pre-Kindergarten Aide
My name is Jackie Voss. I have been married to my husband Steve for twenty-two years and we have been blessed with three wonderful children. Our two boys, David and Ian are attending Racine Lutheran High School (both boys are graduates of CLS). While our youngest child Genevieve is in 8th grade here at Concordia. We love to spend our time as a family going on vacations, boating, fishing, and camping.
I am a graduate of Concordia and Racine Lutheran High School. I understand the importance and value of a Christian Education and love that I can share my faith with our students, parents, and staff. I received my Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin Parkside.
I was a substitute teacher with Racine Unified for fifteen years and I have been blessed to work at Concordia the past nine years. In that time, I have served as a substitute teacher, third-grade teacher and for the last four years as an aide for Ms. Baganz.
- Mrs. Melissa Eberhardt, Kindergarten Teacher
Hi, my name is Melissa Eberhardt. I am a graduate of Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon with a degree in Early Childhood Education and a minor in Theater. This is my nineteenth year teaching and my seventeenth year at Concordia. I have taught Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade as well as teaching a half day 3rd grade and 5th-6th combination. I strive to create a supportive and fun learning environment where the children aren’t afraid to take risks and make mistakes. We work to persevere through our challenges during the school year and celebrate successes both large and small.
My husband Matt and I have been married for seventeen years and have two children. Logan is eleven years old and is in sixth grade this year and Gabriel is nine and is in fourth grade this year. Matt is a web developer for a company in Waukesha. In my “spare” time, I enjoy reading, cheering our boys on during their soccer games, and spending time outside.
- Mrs. Danielle Kosterman, Kindergarten AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Phyllis Mortenson, 1st Grade Teacher
My name is Phyllis Mortenson. I am in my 29th year of teaching and my 24th year at Concordia. The majority of my career had been spent teaching kindergarten through second grade. This year I am again teaching First Grade.
My husband of 39 years, Jeff Mortenson, is the Pastor of Faith Lutheran Church. Our son, Andrew, is a graduate of Concordia and Racine Lutheran High. He is a financial consultant for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. He and his wife, who is also a Lutheran teacher, have two daughters and one son.
Christ was an important part of my life as I was growing up. Even when I was in grade school, I knew I wanted to be a Lutheran teacher someday. I count it a great privilege to be able to share God's Word and my faith with my students on a daily basis. I am proud to follow in the footsteps of my step-father who was a Lutheran educator for 43 years.
I graduated from Racine Lutheran High School in 1973. I attended Concordia College in Ann Arbor, Michigan and graduated from Concordia Teachers' College in River Forest, Illinois in 1977.
I have also taught in Lutheran schools in Palatine, Illinois and in Olivette, Missouri.
From 1983 – 1994 we served two congregations in western Missouri.
In 1994 my husband became the pastor at Faith, and I began teaching at Concordia. I am active in many areas of ministry at Faith.
I enjoy crafts, reading, hiking, traveling and spending time with my family.
I treasure the gift of Christian education. It continues to be my prayer that as many children as possible will be able to enjoy this blessing!
- Mrs. Sheryl Villalpando, 1st Grade Aide
Information coming soon!
- Mrs. Nicole Pekrul, 1st Grade Aide BeforeInformation coming soon!
- Miss Melissa Leon, 2nd Grade TeacherMy name is Melissa Leon. I am entering my 8th year of teaching. Prior to coming to Concordia, I taught 2nd grade at Trinity Lutheran School in Merrill, WI for three years and 3rd/4th grade at St. Paul's West Allis for two years. It’s been a joy being back in 2nd grade!
I have been blessed to attend Lutheran schools all my life. I went to grade school at Hales Corners Lutheran and then Martin Luther High School. Continuing with the Lutheran school trend, I went to Concordia University Wisconsin and graduated in 2011 with a double-major in Elementary Education and Lay Ministry/Theology. “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Some of my hobbies include Taekwondo (I am a 1st degree black belt), playing tennis, music (playing the trumpet and piano), church activities, and reading.
I count myself blessed that I have the opportunity to serve at Concordia Lutheran School. To God Be the Glory!
- Mrs. Ruth Wieland, 2nd Grade AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Rebecca Biesanz, 3rd Grade TeacherMrs. Biesanz moved to the Racine area for the 2017/2018 school year. She moved here with her husband, David, and their two children. Before teaching at Concordia Mrs. Biesanz has taught 2nd grade at Hope Lutheran in Glendora, California, middle school science and 6th grade at Faith Lutheran in Las Vegas, Nevada, K-8 science and 6th grade in Gurley, Nebraska, 5th grade in Sterling, Colorado, 6th grade math and PK3 in South Carolina.
She graduated from Concordia College in Seward Nebraska with a Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education.
Mrs. Biesanz is looking forward to starting off another new school year in 2018/2019.
- Mrs. Laura Sadowski, 3rd Grade AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Heidi Frost, 4th Grade Teacher
Heidi has been married to her high school sweetheart, Spencer, for almost FIFTEEN years. Her husband works on the family dairy farm in Waterford with his father and older brother. She has a FOURTEEN-year-old son, named Gus, and her daughter, Maggie, will be ELEVEN in October. Heidi and her family are currently living in Waterford.
She was born in Racine and lived right here in Sturtevant until she was in third grade. She actually attended Concordia through second grade and was baptized at Faith Lutheran Church. When her family moved to Waterford, Heidi attended grade school at North Cape Elementary and graduated from Waterford Union High School. She went on to college at Concordia University Wisconsin and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Lutheran Elementary Education. She minored in Mathematics and Adaptive Education.
Heidi’s an active and athletic person. She played on the volleyball team at Concordia University and still plays in recreational leagues today. She also enjoys playing golf, softball, kickball, and most other sports. She loves going to Brewers’ games with her friends and family. Some of her other hobbies include shopping, bowling, and camping with friends.
Visit Heidi's classroom at her website: www.mrsfrostsclassroom.weebly.com
- Mrs. Bridget Marioque, 4th/5th Grade AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Julie Arndt, 5th Grade Teacher
My name is Julie Arndt. I graduated from Martin Luther College with a Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education. This is my 15th year of teaching, eleven of which were here at Concordia. I’ve previously also taught preschool, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I’m also a pianist and organist.
My husband of 33 years, Richard, and I have a 31 year old son, Jonathan, who attended Concordia for preschool – 3rd grade. I treasure my time now with him and his wife and my grandchildren in South Dakota! I also enjoy relaxing on our patio, biking, fishing, reading and travel.
My hope, as I instruct children, is that they will grow in academic knowledge, and more importantly become more confident and comforted in the knowledge and peace that Jesus saved them, loves them, and has a well-designed plan for their lives.
- Miss Kati Luchterhand, 5th Grade Aide
Growing up, my dad was a pastor at Holy Cross and so I attended Concordia until I was in fourth grade. Knowing Christ and understanding Scripture have been a valuable and intricate part of who I am since I was very young. Concordia's purpose in "Bringing Christ and academic excellence to our students for life and forever" is a vision that resonates with me. The Gospel message is one that is not focused simply on life after death; it is a message of hope and life for the present. It is a message that offers grace to every person in any circumstance.
Just prior to starting my current job here at Concordia, I spent six months in Senegal, West Africa with a missionary couple as they began their first oversees mission assignment. I was the live in nanny for their two children while they took French lessons and began to acclimate to life in a new culture. This experience gave me a deeper understanding of myself and my priorities in life. It clarified my perspective and the values that I wish to maintain and instill in those around me. Values such as striving for a heart of compassion that reflects the heart of Christ; nurturing a sense of curiosity and creativity; learning to respond with courtesy and respect, especially when human nature defies such a response; and developing the ability to communicate thoughts and emotions with clarity.
As I begin my third year of working at Concordia, I pray that I would be able to "Preach Christ always and, if necessary, use words" (Francis of Assisi).
- Mrs. Sandra Thibodeau, 6th Grade TeacherMy name is Sandra Thibodeau, and I am excited to be a part of the ministry here at Concordia Lutheran School! I am a Wisconsin native, born and raised in Portage. After many years away, I find myself back in my home state.
I traveled extensively as a U.S. Air Force spouse before attending Concordia University - Nebraska. I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in elementary education, and a concentration in English, as well as a Lutheran Teaching Diploma.
I have served the Lord these past 14 years at schools in Lafayette, IN, Austin, TX, and most recently, Menomonee Falls.
I have two adult children - Alexander and Nicole. I enjoy cooking/baking, knitting, reading and being outdoors. I also enjoy spending quiet time at home with my two cats.
I consider it a blessing and a privilege to be able to minister to students, families and co-workers through my position as a teacher. My prayer is for all children to recognize that they are “fearfully and wonderfully made” by our Creator
- Mr. Christopher Drager, 7th Grade Teacher
My wife, Dena and I are blessed to have two grown children one of which is an alumna of Concordia. I previously served four years as Concordia’s Athletic Director and have been serving Concordia families since 2016 as the Seventh grade home room, Technology and Math teacher. I strive to make my classroom atmosphere interactive and relational so math and technology are practical, more easily learned and even enjoyable. I know “math” and “enjoyment” don’t usually go together but your students and I will work hard to make math fun, interesting and even enjoyable! I look forward to equipping your children with useful knowledge, math skills, tech skills, and a love for Christ that allow your children to be successful in high school and productive members of our community.
I graduated from Concordia University St. Paul, Minnesota with a degree in Education, a major in Family Systems Study and as a certified Director of Christian Education. I have served at Immanuel Lutheran Church and School in St. Charles, Missouri; Zion Lutheran Church and Preschool in Kalamazoo, Michigan and Bethel Lutheran Church and School in Gurnee, Illinois. I look forward to teaching your children and serving with Concordia’s staff to integrate the Gospel in all aspects of their educational and developmental growth.
- Mr. Stephan Gonzales, 8th Grade Teacher & Athletic DirectorIn 2007, I graduated from Concordia University-Nebraska with a Middle School teaching degree with an emphasis in Math and Science. While I was there I played on the soccer team and enjoyed hanging out with friends. Since graduating in 2007, I have enjoyed serving the Lord and sharing the Gospel message with my students and earning a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from the American College of Education in Indiana in 2012. I have been a teacher, coach, athletic director, and principal at a few different schools and have had a chance to teach students starting in kindergarten all the way to eighth grade. I am excited to be a part of Concordia Lutheran school as the 8th grade homeroom teacher, 6-8 Math and Science teacher, and Athletic Director.
At home, I have a wonderful wife who is also a teacher and a wonderful mother to our three kids. My hobbies at the moment include going on walks with the family, playing at the park, and catching up with whatever is on Netflix. I am blessed in many ways and I thank the Lord for all he has given me!
- Mrs. Crystal Barron, Middle School AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Becky Demuth, Physical Education Teacher
Hello, my name is Becky Demuth and I am the Physical Education Teacher here at Concordia. This will be my 7th year here at Concordia teaching the Concordia students in the gym--I love being a part of the Christian atmosphere and sharing my faith with my students while playing lots of games in the gym!!
I graduated from Racine Lutheran High school in 1983, and then I attended UW-Oshkosh and finished my teaching degree at Purdue University. I have been teaching for over 20+ years and coaching for over 30+ years!
Besides teaching at Concordia, I also teach at Drought Elementary school, K-8th grade Physical Education. I am also the Varsity Volleyball and Varsity Softball Coach at Racine Lutheran High School. So I spend lots of time in a gym somewhere!!
I have been married for 34 years to my husband, Rob, and have three grownup children, Amber (30), Tim (28), and Ty(26). My daughter, Amber, is a pharmacist and is married to Andy Schalk (works for the state of Michigan) living in Lansing, MI, They have a son, Carter (Born in March 2019)--who I try to visit often and spoil. My son, Tim, is a Thrivent Financial Consultant here in Racine and is married to Tierney (a nurse at Children's Hospital) and Ty works for Speciality Underwriters in Oak Creek in the Business Department and will be getting married to Amy (a ESL teacher in Kenosha) in February of 2020. All of us attended and graduated from Racine Lutheran High School. I live on the other side the "I" in the country in the town of Raymond. So I put a lot of miles on my car--hardest part is for me to remember which school I am going to and where I parked my car at the school.
I do enjoy watching sports, spending time with my family & friends, and photography! I love being a new GRAMMY and love to spoil my grandson rotten anytime I can!
I feel blessed to be a part of the Concordia Family!!
- Mrs. Tammy Myers- Speech Language PathologistInformation coming soon!
- Ms. Shannon Lee, Special Education Resource TeacherInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Darlene Fabio- Before School CareInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Amanda McCray - Before School CareInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Sharon Joyce- After School CareI taught Sunday School for 6 years. I started working for Racine Unified at Garfield Early Childhood for 2 years as a Special Education assistant. After that at I was also at Schulte Elementary working in the Title 1 Program for 7 years. I made my way back to Special Ed. L.D. for 7 more years. When students were assigned to regular classrooms I worked with them there but also went wherever I was needed. I did many different jobs but enjoyed them all! Well... not so much wearing the secretary hat! I retired from R.U.S.D. last December after 24 years. Speaking of Concordia… what a blessing that children can be taught in school the love of Jesus. I did miss the children, here I am!
- Mrs. Jennifer Lyons- Lunch ServiceInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Kerri Riker, Lunch Service & Cafeteria CoordinatorInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Lori Bakke
Hi! My name is Lori Bakke. I am excited to start my teaching career here at Concordia and help children grow in their knowledge and faith. I recently graduated from Concordia University of Wisconsin in Mequon with a bachelor’s degree in Lutheran Elementary Education and minors in Spanish and Theology.
Growing up, I attended a small Lutheran school from Kindergarten to 8th grade where I was able to grow in my faith. Now, I am truly looking forward to teaching here at Concordia Lutheran where I am able to share the Word of God on a daily basis with my students!
I am engaged to my high school sweetheart and we plan to get married next year. We are very excited to see what God has planned for the two of us.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, camping, walking my dogs, and reading.
Do you want to enroll your child in the best private school in Sturtevant, WI? Look no further than Concordia Lutheran School. Call us to learn more about our academic programs.